Who is a Maintenance Technician?
One of the staff members in the maintenance department is the maintenance technician. He is in charge of making sure the production facility’s technical infrastructure runs well. His primary responsibility is to make sure that installations, machinery, and equipment are in good functioning condition. He makes sure the machinery is in top operational condition while upholding the safety regulations related to its use.
What is a Maintenance Technician’s work description?
All firm machinery and equipment inspections and repairs are within the purview of the maintenance technician. He works on upkeep every day. He has a supply of spare parts on hand. The alarm systems’ functionality and security are regularly examined by the technician. He is in charge of deciding how frequently the building’s installations and equipment are inspected. The maintenance technician is also responsible for controlling the servicing equipment. If he decides to outsource the equipment repairs, he can set timelines.
In the course of his duties, the technician is in charge of lowering the production facility’s electricity usage. He should work toward achieving sensible machine electricity consumption. He must choose machinery that, along with advantageous operating conditions, also ensures a high energy efficiency class. The technician may also have an impact on the choice of suitable illumination.
What is crucial to a technician’s job?
The Maintenance Technician employs a variety of tools daily. Screwdrivers, insulated knives, spanners (such as flat, socket, Allen, and torque spanners), metal and wood files, diagnostic tools, thermal imaging cameras, industrial thermometers, hygrometers, decibel metres, vibrometers, technical endoscopes, tachometers, power metres, pressure metres, and CMMS systems are just a few of the tools he can use. The technician frequently uses movable platforms and lifts in his operations. He must also have the necessary safeguards in place.
Who is qualified to work as a maintenance technician?
A maintenance technician is a member of a bigger group of people. He must be able to work well with other experts. He must possess the proper qualities to raise the production facility’s efficiency. What qualifications and abilities need a maintenance technician to possess?
– Education and a specialised understanding of the machines used in a given production plant are both vital.
Diagnostic and mechanical skills
– Using tools, particularly those made for electricians, requires a strong mechanical aptitude. It’s also crucial to know how to operate a diagnostic computer.
Physical and motor skills
– The Maintenance Technician should have physical stamina and motor abilities because maintenance work frequently involves working at great heights or in challenging weather, and manual skills and eye-hand coordination are also important for this speciality.
– This personality trait is necessary for the Maintenance Technician since he makes sure that production stops as little as possible during repairs or inspections. His responsibility is to carefully organise every aspect of the work so that it interferes with the efficient operation of the overall business as little as possible. The technician is also in charge of performing or requesting repairs as soon as a breakdown occurs.
– Soft talents are helpful in teamwork as well. In large plants, a maintenance technician might oversee the work of other employees. As a result, such a worker should be able to delegate responsibilities to others and provide them with helpful criticism of their performance.
Where does a Maintenance Technician work?
A maintenance technician may find employment mostly in manufacturing facilities. Additionally, he can work for businesses involved in processing, manufacturing, and transportation. In reality, a maintenance technician will work wherever it’s required to oversee the operation of machinery, equipment, and installations. Both major, international corporations and smaller, regional businesses can employ technicians.
Are you a Maintenance Technician? Would you like to learn a system that can make your work easier? Get to know the system QRmaint and show it to your manager. Call us at +48 12 400 41 70 and arrange a presentation.